Monday, April 03, 2006

Today

I actually think my detention policy might be having a good effect on my classroom!!! Maybe, just maybe it is. Today was okay...for the first time in a long time I was able to teach. I have been working hard-- really just trying to be consistent. I have changed my lesson plans dramitically. I am trying for it to be somewhat the same everyday-- no matter how boring that sounds to others--it works!!! The kids are learning more, even if it isn't as fun for me or for them. I don't allow a single minute of downtime. They work right to the bell! I have been assigning more homework! While some kids are fighting it-- others are embracing it and I have been rewarding those who come with their homework done the next day. Most of these things I should have been doing from day one-- but on day one I didn't know what the hell to do. I should have started out "mean!" And that is what I am going to do next year. It is not that I won't smile until christmas-- I just won't relax. I am going to treat everyday with a certain milatant attidude that I am getting right now! I cannot wait until the MCT is over and I find out if I have even made a dent in their learning and scores. Right now, I feel good and I want to linger on this day!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home